Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Quote of the Week

Every week I will be sharing a quote that has either inspired or challenged me.  The sources range from modern to historical figures.  When possible, I will provide context and back story as needed. 

Today's quote comes from Count Nicolaus Ludwig Von Zinzendorf.  He was one of the primary leaders of the Moravian mission movement in the 1700's. 

"I have but one passion: It is He, it is He alone.  The world is the field and the field is the world; and henceforth that country shall be my home where I can be most used in winning souls for Christ." - Count Zinzendorf

I love the attitude of willingness to do whatever needed to be done to advance the Kingdom. The Morvians were so committed that often times when heading out to the field they packed their belongings in coffins.  As a group they also held a time of continuous prayer that ran uninterrupted, 24 hours a day, for a hundred years.

Count Nicolaus Ludwig Von Zinzendorf

No comments:

Post a Comment