Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Short-Term Outreaches

One of the things I think every follower of Jesus should be involved in is short-term outreaches.  I see a couple of benefits of being involved in these programs.  The first is to the participant.  Taking part in short-term outreaches, especially cross-cultural ones, gives the participant a bigger view of the world, and a look at what Father is doing and how He is moving in different parts of the world.  The second benefit is to the long-term worker.  Short-term workers who come through can provide great blessing and help to the long-term team.

I have seen both of these at work in my own life.  As I was growing up Father really used my experiences in short-term trips to prepare me for what we're doing today.  It started with trips to inner-city Detroit and then grew steadily as I took trips to Mexico, Romania, Chili, and then SE Asia in my DTS.    Then when we were living overseas it was such a blessing to have a short-term group come through who was willing to serve and help in any way.

To help facilitate any interest in trips next summer, I will post about YWAM Jax Beach's Summer 2014 STO program once we have it set.

Playing with kids in the Philippines

Our SE Asia team



No comments:

Post a Comment