Thursday, June 13, 2013

Quote of the Week

Our quote this week is actually a story taken from Carl Madeiras' book Speaking of Jesus. I won't go into too much detail, because we talked about it when reviewing that book, but I really like making sure the emphasis is on Jesus, and nothing else.

"I remember hearing a story about Charles Spurgeon debriefing his young intern preacher after he delivered the sermon.  Dr. Spurgeon told the young man that he did a great job, but that he missed one key element.  The young preacher asked what that was was. "There was no Christ in your message, son. We preach Christ here at New Park Street Church."  The intern was shocked. "But, sir," he replied, " I was preaching from the book of Ezekiel."
Spurgeon responded, "Son, until you can find Christ in Ezekiel
 you will not share my pulpit again."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment