Friday, July 19, 2013

Family Time

I love what we do here in Florida and enjoy our life here, but there's always something special about visiting "home." Home being the place I grew up and being able to spend time with siblings and, as time goes by, nieces and nephews.  This past trip to Michigan, it was so great to see Lyla and Sage interacting with their extended family.  I think one of the benefits of living so far from family is that we're not able to take for granted the ability to spend time with family.  As we began our drive back to Florida we discussed our individual highlights from the trip.  When it was Lyla's turn to share, I expected her favorite part of the trip to have been attending a parade, having a sleepover, or something along those lines, but her answer surprised me.  She said, "My favorite part of our trip was spending time with grandma."  I love that my children treasure time spent with family.






No comments:

Post a Comment